Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: I hate working sundays.......(rant)

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,837
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As most of you know, one of my jobs is as a counter monkey at a hobby shop in one of the local malls. The one that I am sure you all have in your towns, The one that only has 5 shops still open in it. The one that the movie theater closed in 12 years ago but you still have morons ask you where it is. The one that tryed to make a comeback by opening a NEW food cort only to run out of money after getting the tiles in.

    Anywho, Sundays at this mall are like watching a parade of rejected humanity or maybe someone put up a flyer in all the local trailer parks, "Free fun day at the mall".
    Whatever the reason they are all up here on sundays and it makes me think that my life, as bad as it is at times is WAY BETTER than these folks.
    It always starts the same, slow, a few mall walkers that are afraid to even make eye contact, then about 2ish the kids start coming in, and what do I get asked by each and every one????
    1: do you sell yu-gi-oh cards?
    2: Do you sell gas pwered cars?
    3: What is the fastest gas car you sell?
    4: What is the fastest car you sell?
    5: Do you sell gas powered cars?


    No I didn't make a mistake there, they ask the same questions over and over.

    But they are NOTHING to the "BUY ME" kids.
    You know the ones, they are dragging poor grandma around by the arm, " buy me this...buy me that.....I want this.... I NEED that...."
    and to shut the kid up grandma ends up shelling out 30 to 40 bucks before she can get out of the mall. I blame her as much as the kids. Learn to say NO. Its such an easy word to learn.

    Ok, that brings us to the "bargan hunters" . these are the guys who ome in looking for anything they can talk you into marking down. Something with a dent, something with a scratch, something they didn't think I saw them drop on the floor, or kick. Hello! I have mirrors and cameras all over the freaking shop!!!!
    i have the same responce for each of them, " sorry, I'm not the owner he's the only one that can give you a discount on anything".

    Also, we are a SMALL time shop, we are not a big toy company like KB or TRU, we have no back stock, what we have out is what we have. Don't tell me to go look in the back cuz there is NOTHING in the back.

    And to the "my friends brother said..." guys.....Find out things on your own, third hand info is NEVER right. Example of this:
    "My friends brother told me that I could hook model rocket engens up to my electric RC car to make it go faster, He said he did it and lit them with his regular lighter, so I ain't gona need an igniter or nothin'"


    But the ones that TRULY take the cake are the " I was watching this show, and they said I could buy all the stuff I needed to build a pipe bomb at a hobby shop, what would I need to buy?"


    I know, it sounds like I am whinning about silly stuff but its liek this EVERY sunday. And the stuff listed about is the simple stuff. I haven't even gone into the MANY times I have been called a racest because I wouldn't sell a replica gun to an underaged child. I could give a rats ass less what color you are, I could end up in jail for that.


    ok, well its time to close up, my day here is over and so is my rant for now.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member StV's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2004
    Posts
    3,493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    ...heh, don't complain! You could be working here in Arizona on a nice sunny Sunday, with me.

    ...slave driver that I am. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think all the dumb customers went to your hoppy shop because now, the one closest to me is perfect. [img]eek.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Moviemaniac4's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    11,803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Try working in an airport.....holiday is just an expression.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Moviemaniac4:
    Try working in an airport.....holiday is just an expression.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ever watch Airline or Airline UK on A&E?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Moviemaniac4's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    11,803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Dajistano:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Moviemaniac4:
    Try working in an airport.....holiday is just an expression.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ever watch Airline or Airline UK on A&E?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope, but this job is like a daily sitcom.....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Stories, please. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I like working on Sundays......
    especially in the Fall-

    It's seems a bit quieter & traffic's easier~

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Shypappette's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I feel for you man. Working weekends suck ass. But you have to admit, working customer service give you lots of retarded stories to tell. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Guitardeth2's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hate working sundays also guyver, i got off early tonight thank god!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •